If you own a brick and mortar business and you are not yet using video, it is time to jump on board. It is no longer something you can afford to ignore. It is a powerful way to promote your brand and tell your story. Most importantly, it is an easy and effective way to build relationships with your prospects and clients.
Fun Facts About Video Marketing That Businesses Need To Consider
- Youtube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year.
- Real estate listings that include a video receive 403% more inquires than those without.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision making process.
- It has been estimated that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words.
In short, there are many reasons why brick and mortar businesses need to be using video, but here are my top three:
- Connect in a Personal Way with Your Customers and Prospects. Through video you can answer questions and respond to suggestions. You can update your customers on new products that are being released and invite them, in a personal way, to order your product or services again.
- Increase Brand Awareness. Video is the new billboard. Just like having a billboard on every corner in town, businesses can now have their video everywhere their customers and prospects hang out: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The more people see a brand, the more comfortable they become with that brand. And people buy from companies that they feel comfortable with; companies that they know, like and trust.
- Capture and Share Your Customers Gushing Over You. Through video you can capture your customers’ positive reviews in a way that is more personal than text. Reviews are powerful and even more so when done through video. These review videos can be put out on all social media platforms, as well as ranked within Google. Many people search for a company name + reviews when deciding who to buy from or who to hire. A video appearing in the search results stands out because of the thumbnail and videos are clicked on 40% more than text listings.
Review videos can be created by the person giving the review, or several written reviews can be compiled into a video. In either case, video reviews will set a business apart from its competitors.
If you own a small business and have written reviews that you would like to showcase through a video, contact me for a complimentary review video. I will place up to five written reviews in the video and send it to you for you to place on your blog and/or social media accounts.
Comment below: are you using video in your business yet?